These panoramas arose in the heart of Ettlingen. One of the oldest buildings in the city is the Catholic St. Martinskirche (Church of St. Martins), which, though severely damaged, survived the city fire in 1689. In the basement of the church, there are relics of a Roman bathing establishment, erected around 200 AD and an important testimony of the former Roman settlement of Ettlingens. A crucifix vault was drafted in the chorturm of the church. In 1360, the church was extended to the west, the window openings were designed in gothic style, the church tower received an octagonal tower with scale-decorated sound openings. In the fifteenth century, the Martinskirche was elevated to the church of the priests. This required the establishment of a chancel for the 24 dignitaries. A chapter chamber as well as a larger sacristy were also built. The choir was separated from the parish church by a lectern. The destruction of Ettlingen in the wake of the Palatine Succession War also had a major impact on the architectural development of the church. At the beginning of the 18th century, reconstruction works were completed, which were completed in 1732 under the title of Archbishop Sibylla Augusta. Johann Michael Ludwig Rohrer built the baroque long house, a western gable was erected, the organ mound built in and two corner mergers over the side altars.