The Protestant Kaiser Friedrich Memorial Church (abbreviation: KFG) is located in the Händelallee 20 in Berlin's Hansaviertel district in the district center. It is located on the edge of the Großer Tiergarten. The modern church building, designed in 1957 by the architect Ludwig Lemmer, replaces a neo-Gothic predecessor building built by Johannes Vollmer in the years 1892-95 and destroyed during the Second World War. A parish in the newly created Hansaviertel was built in the 1880s. The first church was built by Kaiser Wilhelm II. Supported, whose father Friedrich III. served as patron saint. The sacred building was mainly characterized by the rich design of the church space. The inauguration of the church was followed by the founding of an independent Kaiser-Friedrich-Gedächtnisgemeinde. The reconstruction of the church in the post-war period took place during the International Building Exhibition in 1957. The materials concrete, aluminum and glass determine the exterior of the building. Donations from individuals and companies made possible, as in the previous building, a lavish decoration of the interior of the church with the participation of well-known artists.