The small romantic half-timbered town Schiltach was first mentioned in 1275 as a parish. It is located in the upper Kinzigtal on the feet Kinzig and Schiltach in the Black Forest. Since the Middle Ages, it has preserved its face almost unchanged. Schiltach is still known today as the city of half-timbered houses, raftsmen and tanners. Numerous half-timbered buildings surround the market square - a backdrop almost like in a picture book. The centerpiece is the city's landmark built in 1593: the Schiltacher Rathaus.